Saturday, July 3, 2010

Restful weekend

This weekend is thankfully fairly devoid of specific activities. Saturday morning I did have a little tour at local sports hall. There were two student events happening there simultaneously.

First was national youth basketball tournament where teams from different regions were competing. This was first time this competition was held in Sapporo. Local girls team seemed to be winning handily but boys weren't.




Another event that was going on was Kyodo archery competition. 57th local event apparently, so quite traditional thing. There were 2-3 hundred people milling around the area in total and competition was team shootout.



I was supposed to go watch stars with a telescope at evening but that was cancelled since weather is very cloudy at the moment. Shame, but then again I don't want lots of sunshine either, it is already hot enough as it is.

Instead of that I tried one small restaurant with random selection method and ordered this:



I think this is one of the so called Domburi meals. Domburi refers to material of the bowl and not so much on the actual food inside the bowl. Basically you put some rice in bowl and then whatever you like on top of it. This one was made out of fried meat in very strong sauce and steamed egg of top of it. Also, I ordered bowl of udon noodles soaked in light onion flavored sauce and some pickles. It was good but I felt that sauce used in that domburi was actually bit too strong.

Today it seems to be quite windy outside. I'm debating whether I'll go to Odori today, remains to be seen if I have the energy. :)

Cioa!

1 comment:

  1. And just as I expected, we have nice thunderstorm brewing up here at this very moment. So Odori park... Probably not today. :p

    ReplyDelete