Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nakajima Park and Kitara Music Hall

Yesterday afternoon I went to check out these two places I missed earlier due to that sunburn I had in Yosakoi.

Nakajima park is pretty close to Gakuen Mae and Sapporo city center, about 2 kilometers from both. It is therefore literally park in smack middle of a city. It has that urban feel because you can hear some city noises in background all the time and high buildings sticking out from horizon. It is also very busy park and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants some peace and quiet. Otherwise it is a nice place, very good for a little picnic with your friends for example. Or a romantic rowboat trip with your lover.

In olden days this place used to be a timber yard but now it is a center for recreational activities like rowboating, childrens playhouses and of course, music. These pictures should be in sequence when you come out from subway at Nakajima koen station at north edge of the park.

















Here you can see Houhei-kan. It's western style wood building. I think it is open to public but I wasn't feeling like going inside to check it out. Nice colors though.



Kitara hall is located inside the park at on one edge. It's very beautiful building, especially from inside. I didn't go to concert but instead just sat down and relaxed inside. Finally I also decided to go have a lunch at Kitara restaurant. They had really good strawberry and blueberry cake too.






Then I went around the park taking more pictures.














So how about today? I've been cleaning my room and clothes, and collected burnable trash in official Sapporo city trash bags. They are pretty strict about trashes around here. It's just the system is really inflexible with lots of regulations, some of which barely seem to make sense. Oh well.

Here is my evening dinner, spiced rice and gyoza. Gyoza are originally from China, basically small dumplings that you pour some spicy oil on top of and eat. Very good.



Tomorrow it is time for more cleaning, checking out my route to airport and probably time to pay off my internet fee as well.

Hasta pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment