Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hanging around in Miyanosawa and Odori

Temperatures have scaled slighty down to tolerable levels and small burst of rain emerges from clouds every now and then.

It's been very quiet at the school, actually today I had a small mixup with my calendar since I had event marked down for today but actually it is on friday. Oh well, at least it gave me good reason to go shopping and sightseeing a bit to compensate.

So first I headed down to Miyanosawa. There is a bus terminal I frequently pass by but I hadn't looked at the surroundings yet. There is a shopping mall connected to this place too.

I took couple random pictures from the bus so I'll just put them here for your viewing pleasure (or lack of it).


This is some kind of temple, but I didn't feel like stopping for an hour here to see what it is all about. Unfortunately bus runs only once per hour between our school and Miyanosawa bus station. :/


Sometimes those company logoes are just so cute. ^^

First I clambered outside from side tunnel and looked around. Oh, 100 yen shop that isn't owned by Daigo. I went to take a look at "Flet's".


It wasn't that impressive but they did have lots of cheap drinks so I grabbed couple ginger ale cans for 105 yen.

Then I made rounds around the station. Bakery, couple restaurants (including interesting obento-restaurant called Bentoss) and then I ran into name "Chieria" again. Also called Lifelong Learning Centers I was bit curious what these things are so I went to take a look. Turns out they are youth centers with library services, dance lessons and so forth.




After that I went to supermarket called "Seiyu" which is a very large market chain, there seem to be several of them in Sapporo alone. There was a clothes sale but unfortunately I didn't quite find anything that I would have really wanted to buy. Shirts were of good quality but colors I didn't really like. Too many pastel colored things there anyway.

Then I headed back towards city center and went to Odori. Air was fresh from recent rain and it was very nice to just sit down on a bench and drink some ginger ale in refreshing wind.




I was determined to finally see what is inside there so I went to take a look. Ticket to top of the tower is 700 yen, bit expensive. But it does indeed have a very nice view.







There are souvenier shops and restaurants in this building too, and it is directly connected to underground mall called "Aurora Town".

And before I forget, this is the television tower mascot, Terebi-toosan. Clever wordplay combination of "Otoosan" or Father and Terebi or Television there.








Inside Aurora Town I noticed that there was a sort of a bird cage there right in middle of it so I went to take a look. Turns out there was seven of these quite adorable birds in there. Don't know what type of birds these are but maybe someone else can recognize them.




And finally I also remembered to take a picture of the house I'm staying in when I came back, but it failed. New try tomorrow... On the front yard I ran into a young man who was practicing soccer and we played ball for a bit. It was nice and also funny to notice how rusty I've become since I haven't played soccer for a long time.

Tomorrow is a rest day and on friday and saturday I have events/parties. Next entry, mayby on sunday.

Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment