Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yosakoi Soran

Just a very quick update: I went to Yosakoi Soran today. Weather was superb, if you like sunbathing. However, for me this wasn't ideal. Anyway I survived... ;)

I even took couple video samples of stage performances since this little camera can capture pretty good quality HD video. I was surprised when I checked what it looked like after I came back on my laptop.

First, couple things about this event. Yosakoi Soran is dancing festival. Dance style is energetic team dancing with lots of shouting (each team has a team leader who shouts encouragements and sings). Word "soran" is connected to successful fishing trip, when you pull lots of fish in your ship. Some of the movements of these dances have pulling and lifting motions due to that.

There are lots of teams and huge crowds of people come to see this event every year. Teams also do street performances on city streets that have been cordoned off for this purpose. I will let these pictures and video at the end speak for themselves. I enjoyed this event, but unfortunately I suffered quite a sunburn on my face and hands since I didn't have a hat on such a bright and sunny day. So this means I will not go to Kitara concert tomorrow, and probably skip couple days from the school as well. ^^





Dancing competition teams in middle of their performances


TV studio mascots mingling in the park



Couple pictures to demonstrate just how many people were in Odori park. People with fear of crowds should really avoid coming here. :)

And here is my favorite performance of those I saw captured in video. Tell me what you think. I suggest you zoom to full screen and switch to 480/720HD, resolution is good enough for that. It just might load slowly on high quality.



Nothing else to say about today really. Now it is time to recuperate and rest.

Bye

2 comments:

  1. Olipa vaikuttavan näköistä kaikkine värinvaihdoksineen, ja niin hyvin koordinoitu kaikki liikkeet! Olisin varmasti itsekin viihtynyt tuommoista katsomassa.

    Paranemista. *hali*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harmi etta katsomoa ei ollut katettu, se olisi ollut todella hyva idea. :[

    ReplyDelete