Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another day

Today I tried playing baseball. Well, actually we didn't really do baseball pitches since we didn't have protective gear with us. But it was nice to refresh my catcher skills with baseball glove, which is bit different compared to our pesapallo gloves back home. It's bit harder to catch low balls with it due to the shape (it is easier to to scoop bouncing ball with pesapallo glove), but also bit easier to catch high balls falling downwards since it is bit wider than pesapallo glove. Well, at least that is what it felt like to me.


Baseball glove and ball (picture from wiki)

I also assisted in couple english classes, two students were asking about how handicapped people get around in Oulu so I told them what I knew. Next week english seminar will go into nearby park with me to have a picnic. Most of the students haven't been there either so we have lots of new places to see.

Bikes in Japan are bit different from what I've used to. First, the bike I got from HIT is single shift bike with no leg brake! Most bikes don't seem to have leg brake actually. And secondly, there is a popular bike stand type that I wasn't familiar with before I came here. I do have to say that I like it after I got used to it. You can even lock it in place so your bike won't fall over so easily.


My bike. Notice that strange bike stand attached to backwheel?

Today I also took a few pictures of lovely household gardens that litter Teine area (near our school). Take a look. This is just a small sample so maybe I'll get more pictures later.









Beautiful aren't they? Anyway, have a good day everyone and I will probably write again tommorow. Until then,

Cya.

4 comments:

  1. Hoo! Kait sää saat ottaa vieraita vastaan? Pistän itseni tulemaan sinne postipakettina! Kuvat on kivoja ja tekstien perusteella vaikuttaisi muutenkin olevan kivaa. :)

    Terveisiä Suomesta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saa tanne vieraitakin tulla, mutta pitaa asua vieressa olevassa Youth Hostelissa. Ainoastaan perheenjasen saa olla viikon tai pari vieraisilla International Housen huoneessasi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahtavia on nää kuvat ja oon yrittäny kommentoida jokaiseen viestiisi lj-persoonallani, mut se ei jostain syystä onnistu! Hengessä mukana ollaan ja luen kyllä tarkkaan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jes, nyt onnistui!

    ReplyDelete